The firm's recent history includes many cases that stand out in the memories of the firm's partners. When asked for examples, the following cases are cited.
- The successful resolution of the first case in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of NY under the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Trial of a sexual harassment case to verdict that, on appeal, established the standard for hostile environment claims in the Second Circuit.
- Recovering $4.4 million in claims against a health-management organization on behalf of more than 7,000 physicians.
- Recovering more than $250 million in Medicaid reimbursement funding for over 300 nursing home clients across New York State in a series of complex legal actions.
- Appearing before the U.S. Supreme Court in a successful challenge to a federal law regulating radioactive waste.
- Counseling Central New York’s largest hospital through a complex financial reorganization that led to its successful emergence from Chapter 11 without sale or merger – a first for any hospital in the U.S.
- Defending Akzo Nobel Salt Inc. in a class action brought by persons claiming to have been injured by the environmental consequences of the collapse of the Retsof salt mine in 1994.