HSE Employee Bios
Daniel W. Collins
- Automobile Dealerships
- Closely Held Businesses and Private Companies
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sports Law and Sports Facilities
- New York
Dan’s practice includes representing family-owned and other closely-held businesses in a wide variety of legal matters, including: drafting, reviewing and advising clients regarding various transactional documents, including shareholders' agreements, merger agreements, asset or stock purchase agreements, employment agreements, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, and other documents relative to the formation, ownership, operation, and management of businesses, as well as advising clients regarding all facets of the formation, ownership, operation, transfer, and termination of business entities. Dan also serves clients in various mergers, acquisitions and bulk sales transactions. His experience includes:
- Representing purchasers and sellers of various businesses in connection with the negotiation and drafting of acquisition agreements, including asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, merger agreements and various other transactional documents.
- Representing various publicly traded companies in connection with acquisitions of other businesses.
- Representing a private selling group in connection with its sale of an NHL Hockey Club and Major League Lacrosse Club.
- Representing the ownership group which owns an NHL Hockey Club and Major League Lacrosse Club.
- Counseling clients and drafting documents with respect to various facets of the formation, ownership, operation, management and termination of various business entities.
- Representing clients including drafting and negotiating documents in connection with joint ventures and cooperative business arrangements.
- New England School of Law, J.D. summa cum laude, 2008
- Cornell University, B.S., 2005
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Section of Monroe County Bar Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association
- Member, Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
- CrossFit, Level 1 Certified CrossFit Trainer