HSE Employee Bios
Gregory J. Coughlin
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Optics and Photographic Industries
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- New York
Gregg Coughlin represents companies in various merger, acquisition, joint venture, securities and private equity transactions, and in general corporate, licensing, and commercial contracting matters. Gregg has responsibility for all aspects of a transaction, including preparation of submissions to requests for proposals, preparation of letters of intent or term sheets, coordination of legal due diligence and negotiation and preparation of acquisition agreements. Over the past few years, he has been involved in transactions with an aggregate value of more than $750 million. His recent experience includes:
- Representing a public company in the establishment of over twenty joint ventures with individual investors, as well as advising the company on corporate governance and investor related issues following the closings.
- Representing a public company in the establishment of multiple joint ventures with institutional partners.
- Representing a public company in the acquisition of a division of a privately held company, which included seven wholly-owned operating subsidiaries and three joint ventures in the health care industry.
- Representing a public company in the acquisition of two privately held businesses in the insurance industry.
- Representing a public company in the sale of three of its operating subsidiaries.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2003
- State University of New York College at Brockport, B.A., International Business and Economics, 1999
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member, Board of Directors, Society for the Protection and Care of Children
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 Award, 2013
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2013-2014
- Recipient, Rochester Daily Record's “Up and Coming Attorneys” Award (2012)