Edward J. Snyder
- Financial Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- New York
E.J. Snyder concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, general corporate matters and commercial financing. Mr. Snyder represents:
- Private equity funds in all aspects of leveraged buyout transactions, including portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions, senior, mezzanine, equity and seller financing, recapitalizations and portfolio company add-on acquisitions.
- Venture capital funds in all aspects of venture financings including initial, follow-on and down round financings, preferred equity structures and equity incentive plans.
- A broad range of clients in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and general corporate matters.
E.J.'s experience in private equity and venture capital transactions includes:
- Represented consortium of family offices in connection with $390 million purchase of oil and gas producing properties from BP America Production Company.
- Represented manufacturer of standard and line pipe and oil country tubular goods in connection with $200 million sale to private equity buyer.
- Represented distributor of oil country tubular goods in connection with $250 million sale to private equity buyer.
- Represented middle market private equity fund in connection with purchase of induction heating equipment manufacturer.
- Represented middle market private equity fund in connection with acquisition of a supplier of thermal and hybrid specialty printing devices.
- Represented pipeline construction and maintenance business in connection with $100 million sale to private equity buyer.
- Represented manufacturer of fluid compression systems in connection with $60 million sale to private equity buyer.
- Represented middle market private equity fund in connection with $46.5 million disposition of portfolio investment in aerospace industry.
- Represented middle market private equity fund in connection with $30 million acquisition of paperboard and packaging manufacturer.
- Represented middle market private equity fund in connection with acquisition of biomass fuel manufacturer.
- Represented materials process technology company in connection with $9 million Series D Preferred Stock financing and $5 million Series C Preferred Stock Company and multiple convertible debt offerings.
- Represented relationship intelligence and inbox productivity software company in connection with Series C Preferred financing.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Rochester, School of Engineering, B.S.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Secretary, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Young Audiences of Western New York, 2014
- Leadership Buffalo, 2012
- Kiwanis Club, 2011 to present
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, 2014 ACG New York Champion's Energy Deal of the Year Award by ACG® New York and The M&A Advisor
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2015-2016
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Rising Star 2013
“Steps to Start a New Business,” Eyes on the Future, Greater Rochester Enterprise, January 2017
- Moderator, "Capital Strategies and Exit Planning for Successful Businesses," Rochester, New York (March 12, 2015)
- Panelist, "Select Issues in Indemnification in Mergers and Acquisitions," Buffalo, New York (March 12, 2014)
- Panelist, "Select Issues in Indemnification in Mergers and Acquisitions," Rochester, New York (September 11, 2013)
- Speaker, "LLCs: From Formation to Special Uses," National Business Institute, Buffalo, New York (June 5, 2012)