Alexandra E. Lugo
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Privacy and Data Security
- New York
Alexandra Lugo concentrates her practice on issues relating to pension and welfare benefit plan compliance and administration for both for-profit and tax-exempt organizations. Her experience includes:
- Preparing and submitting applications to the IRS for determination of qualified plan status.
- Preparing plan documents and other benefit communications for qualified plans and welfare plans.
- Analyzing multiemployer plan regulatory issues.
- Advising on welfare plan compliance issues, including HIPAA, COBRA, and the implementation of health care reform.
- Advising clients regarding benefits governance issues.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- SUNY Fredonia, B.A., magna cum laude, 2010
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Richard C. Wesley, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Best Petitioner Brief, The Frederick Douglass 2014 National Civil Rights Moot Court Competition
- Contributing author to the HSE Privacy and Data Security Blog