John W. Brill (Jack)
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Privacy and Data Security
- New York
As a member of the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Practice Group, Jack Brill’s practice includes:
- Preparing plan documents, summary plan descriptions, and other benefit communications for qualified plans and welfare plans.
- Preparing amendments to qualified plans.
- Preparing and submitting applications to the IRS for determination of qualified plan status.
- Assisting clients regarding compliance with prohibited transactions rules, fiduciary duties, and other Title I compliance issues.
- Assisting clients in making remedial corrections under the IRS and the U.S. Department of Labor's voluntary compliance programs.
- Assisting clients in ensuring group health plan compliance with the requirements of HIPAA.
- Advising clients on welfare plan compliance issues, including working with clients to implement health care reform.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- Notre Dame Law Review, 2007-2009
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member, University of Notre Dame Alumni Club of Western NY
Honors and Awards
- Indiana State Bar Association Tax Section Scholarship, 2009
- Giving HIPAA Enforcement Room to Grow: Why there Should Not (Yet) Be a Private Cause of Action, Note, 83, Notre Dame L. Rev. 2105 (2008).