Thank you for your interest.
We strive to hire lawyers who have the potential to become owners of our firm. We look for attorneys who have integrity, intellect, enthusiasm, and a demonstrated work ethic. We value those who are willing to take initiative, assume responsibility and work well with others. While we regularly hire new lawyers through our summer program, opportunities exist for third year law students and lateral attorneys as well. We encourage all to apply.
- Commercial and Intellectual Property Attorney: HSE is seeking a trial attorney to join the Rochester office. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of sophisticated Commercial and/or Intellectual Property litigation experience in a law firm setting. Requirements include: drafting pleadings, drafting and arguing motions, drafting and responding to discovery, handling document production, taking depositions, and contributing to overall case strategy development. Qualified candidates must have excellent writing and oral advocacy skills, a strong ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and an enthusiastic, collaborative, and dedicated approach to client service.
- Corporate Attorney: HSE is seeking a corporate attorney with at least 4-6 years of significant transactional experience for the firm’s Rochester office. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in mergers and acquisitions. Experience with private equity/venture capital a plus. Candidates must have excellent drafting and negotiation skills and a strong academic background.
- Digital Assets Attorney: HSE is seeking an experienced Digital Assets attorney to join our national Securities and Capital Markets practice in one of our New York offices or fully remote. Broad experience in advising on regulatory and structuring issues associated with digital token models, decentralized networks and mining and staking businesses. Candidates should have significant experience with and understanding of blockchain and digital asset related technologies and related financing and transaction structures and the regulatory issues involved. Candidates with three to 10 years’ of corporate and securities experience and with demonstrable digital assets experience will be considered. Excellent writing, client service and case management ability required. Enthusiasm for client service and initiative are essential.
Employee Benefits Attorney: HSE is seeking an Employee Benefits attorney for the firm’s Rochester, Buffalo or Albany office. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong academic background. Enthusiasm for client service and initiative are essential.
- Executive Compensation Attorney: HSE is seeking an attorney with 1-5 years’ experience for the firm’s Rochester office. The qualified candidate will preferably have experience with the following aspects of an executive compensation practice: equity plans for private and public companies, executive employment agreements, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, proxy statements, and executive compensation provisions of the Internal Revenue Code (83, 162(m), 280G and 409A). The firm will consider candidates with tax, employee benefits or executive compensation experience. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong academic background. Enthusiasm for client service and initiative are essential.
- Health Care Attorney: HSE is looking for a health care attorney to join the firm. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong academic background. Enthusiasm for client service and business development is essential. The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Regulatory, corporate and governance issues regarding hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, adult care facilities, diagnostic and treatment centers, FQHCs and home health agencies;
- Health care entity and physician practice mergers, acquisitions and affiliations;
- Health care provider licensure issues;
- State and federal regulatory audits and investigations;
- Development and implementation of corporate compliance programs including State and federal self-disclosures; and
- Core areas such as Fraud and Abuse, Anti-Kickback, Stark, HIPAA and telemedicine
Immigration Attorney: Harter Secrest & Emery LLP, a top-ranked 125+ lawyer firm in upstate New York, is seeking an attorney to join our national business immigration practice in any of the firm’s Rochester, Buffalo or Albany offices. Broad experience in employment-based cases including labor certifications, EB-1 petitions, nonimmigrant visas petitions and J-1 waiver applications preferred. Candidates with at least 8+ years’ experience will be considered. Excellent writing, client service and case management ability required. Enthusiasm for client service and initiative are essential.
- Intellectual Property Attorney: HSE is seeking a trademark attorney for its Rochester or Buffalo office. The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of direct experience managing U.S. and foreign trademark portfolios (i.e., registration, clearance, and counselling), as well as experience with opposition and cancellation actions before the TTAB of the USPTO. Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills required and litigation experience a plus.
- Patent Attorney: HSE is seeking a patent attorney or patent agent with 3+ years patent prosecution experience to join the firm’s Rochester or Buffalo office. Background in optics, physics, electrical or mechanical engineering desired. Excellent analytical, writing, communication, and client service skills required.
Securities and Capital Markets Attorney: HSE is seeking a securities and capital markets attorney, associate or counsel level, with 2-10 years of experience for the firm’s Rochester or Buffalo office. Experience representing issuers and investment banks in public and private offerings of securities, advising publicly traded companies on compliance with the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, exchange listing standards and corporate governance required. Candidates must have relevant prior law firm experience, ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, strong work ethic and excellent oral and written communication skills. Enthusiasm for client service and initiative are essential.
Applicants should submit their materials via our online application.
Harter Secrest & Emery LLP is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.