HSE has extensive experience with energy development; from small-scale site-specific power generation to larger-scale utility-level development. We have been involved in all aspects of coal, natural gas, wind, hydroelectric, biomass, and other renewable fuel generating facilities across New York.
We offer in-depth industry experience; a team approach to client matters; and the extensive resources of a full-service firm. Our services cover the full scope of issues related to energy-related projects including:
- Energy Facility Siting, Licensing and Permitting for power generation and infrastructure projects
- Environmental representation, permitting, and counseling
- Taxable, tax-exempt, and project financing
- Real Estate
- General Corporate matters including formation, mergers, acquisitions, and spin-offs
- Supply Agreements
- Federal (FERC) and State (PSC, NYSDEC) energy regulatory matters
- Transmission and interconnection issues
- Co-generation Projects
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions/Carbon Caps
- Litigation and arbitration
- Green Building Programs
From site acquisition and facility permitting to project financing and construction, the emerging area of energy development is a complex practice requiring a diverse base of expertise. HSE's Energy Practice has the multidisciplinary skills necessary to bring these projects to fruition.